Tuesday, December 29, 2009

NYE 2009 Sydney!

Although the group is going to be a small pack of 3, I have a feeling its going to be just amazing! I am ready to bring out my trusty Canon Eos 1000D and shoot away! Also it is going to be my first NYE away from Singapore! I have to make the most of it. We were in a dilema initially, trying to figure out which is the best option to choose. It will be the first time for all three of us, and alot of people recok we should have a plan that includes the fire works display from the Sydney Harbour Bridge. However if that is on the itinerary, we have to sort of stay out as it is going to be a pain travelling across the bridge. There is pretty much only one way in and out of North Sydney if you are heading to and from the city, which is the Harbour Bridge. And traffic will cease roads will be closed the only way to go would be to catch the public transport, ie: trains, buses or ferries.

There are a total of 53 vantage points in which we can nestle to watch the display, my friends and I are thinking of settling for "Blue Point Reserve" or maybe even at my office as the view is just amazing! At Blues Point Reserve we are looking at squeezing with about 11997 people as the capacity can take up to 12000, however no BYO alcohol is allowed. The office would be a good choice, where you get good view, space but everything has to be BYO.

So more about the fire works, there seems to be a theme every year, this year the team is "Awaken the Spirit", apparantly people are encouraged to dress in blue! here are some pictures of last years display.




Sydney Siders seem to be excited! Well I am too! Happy 2010 People! I hope you would have something special planned as well, if not quick! You have only about 24 hours more to come up with something!

No comments:

Post a Comment