Wednesday, December 23, 2009

the freight arrived

I have been waiting patiently for my freight to arrive, finally it came this morning. Fortunately i have very good friends who took the trouble to help me receive it! You see, most people here do not work on weekends, especially laborious jobs. If they do, it would be like winning the golden ticket or the lotto!

My house is in a mess! I do not know where to start! I can't believe I have to leave my house in this state till after Christmas day! I would be taking the train up to Epping, to my step auntie and step grandma's place to spend Eve and Christmas with them. I have never spent Christmas without my group of friends nor have I spent it away from Singapore. Even when I was in uni, come Christmas time, I would fly back and spend it with friends and family going clubbing, catching the fireworks display, counting down and getting dead drunk. Well i guess it would be a different experience this year to have a more down to earth, homely celebration.

Honestly, I still don't feel the Christmas spirit, it doesn't feel like the holidays at all! Maybe I am just missing the vibrant Orchard Rd light up, maybe it is because I do not have any Christmas decorations at home. The Christmas decorations here are... hmm lets just say, not very exciting.. even the shopping centres are boring. Its not like when you go to Takashimaya and the open square has an array of Christmas ornaments for sale! With more than 50 trees decorated as samples. Here they are big on Cooking at home and exchanging presents! Big Feast with huge turkey, wines, salads, Christmas pudding or cake. Speaking of presents, I struggled with that a little, I have lost the touch of buying things for people. I normally shop for the things I like and I couldn't care less about the things I wouldn't really want to receive. I like things that are practical, that i can use, wear, carry. I don't really like things that sits on my shelf or table tops, because I am very particular about what i display and I always feel bad when someone buys me a Crystal display item and I hate it. I feel mean and unappreciative, but yet I can't help feeling yucky about the clash of artifacts. Ok I better get going, I need to wrap present!

Merry Christmas!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment